Thursday, October 9, 2014

An interview with Samantha Bogach



Q: How did you get started as an actress?

Samantha: I’ve always wanted to be an actress since before I can remember, although I started out singing. There’s a home video of me when I’m four years old claiming proudly that I was going to be an actress when I grow up- I don’t even remember saying that! The first time I remember realizing this was it for me, was opening night of my very first musical- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory when I was 11 years old.

Q: What kind of roles are you best at playing?

Samantha: What I tend to play best are young women who appear to be vibrant and invincible, but can find themselves totally vulnerable, emotionally, without warning.

Q: Is there a director who’s work you admire and with whom you would like to work?

Samantha: Yes! Quentin Tarantino. Especially because of his remake of Inglorious Bastards. I’m Jewish so of course it hit home, but what I liked most about it was he took a time in history which is deemed horrifying, and mixed it with humor and pride. I didn’t get depressed while watching a film based around WWII; That’s a major win for Tarantino.

Q: Do you have a wish list of directors you’d like to work with?

Samantha: Yes! (in no particular order) Quentin Tarantino, Steven Spielberg, Wes Anderson, J.A. Bayona, Ridley Scott, Martin Scorcese, Woody Allen, Peter Jackson, Rob Reiner, and Judd Apatow.

Q: What is your background?

Samantha: I was initially attracted to Musical Theatre because of the feeling I got the first time I performed on stage- this feeling of wholeness. Then my passion grew immensely when performing in the stage drama, Crimes of the Heart, by Beth Henley. Her writing is so intricate. It was the first time I connected with a role on this level, and I could feel the audience every night completely immersed in what was happening. Since then my passion, although remaining at the theatre, has expanded to cinema- which is a completely different world! I feel connected to film because I’ve always seen things very cinematically. I feel that life is like a film or vice versa, and I’m passionate about how the two worlds are interchangeable depending on perspective.

For further information, contact:

615-945-7062

and/or

samanthabogach@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment